If you have wound up here it’s safe to say you’re probably looking to invest in a high-quality changing robe but aren’t sure where to begin. Good news is, we have narrowed it down to the top 10 essential features to look for, so you can stop searching and instead focus on doing what you love whilst staying dry, warm and comfortable.
Let’s get into it!
1. Material: A high-quality changing robe should be made from durable, breathable, and recycled, Earth-loving materials. These need to be soft, comfortable, and quick-drying, making them ideal for outdoor activities. The outer layer of your robe should be treated with an environmentally friendly, PFC-free waterproof repellant.
2. Length: The length of a changing robe is an important consideration, as it determines how much coverage you'll have when changing. Look for a robe that is long enough to provide adequate coverage for your body type, but not so long that you feel swamped.
3. Hood: We all know a warm head is a happy head, so a hood, ideally fleece -lined, is an essential feature to have in a changing robe.
4. Special features: Pockets, both on the inner and outer sides of your changing robe are a must, adding that extra bit of storage and making your life a heck of a lot easier! Extra points here if they’re fleece lined too, keeping your hands nice and warm when out and about on your adventures.
5. Zipper: A high-quality changing robe should have a sturdy and durable zipper that is easy to use, we recommend the YKK 2-way reversible zip with a tactile rubber puller, for those cold or wet hands!
6. Weight: The weight of a changing robe is an important consideration, particularly if you plan to travel with it. Look for a robe that is lightweight and easy to pack, our own Dry-Series weighs around 1.45-2.15kg depending on size, and has a pack size of 10-18L.
7. Fit: A changing robe should be large enough to accommodate your body and your wet gear, but not so large that it becomes cumbersome to wear. Opt for one that is comfortable, has good elbow room for changing and fully-waterproof adjustable seams at the wrists for that extra protection against the elements.
8. Colour: The colour of a changing robe can be an important feature for many people, look for one that reflects your personal style that you know you’ll love for years to come.
9. Care: A high-quality changing robe should be easy to care for and provided in a travel bag for easier transportation and care.
10. Versatility: A changing robe should be versatile enough to use for a variety of outdoor activities, from surfing to running and everywhere in between! Essentially this piece of kit will become your best friend - and if you choose correctly - will last a very, very long time.
So, with that information in mind it’s time to find you a brand new changing robe that’s guaranteed to elevate your outdoor experience! We may be bias, but we know a game-changing candidate… Robie Dry Series